Thursday, December 15, 2011

Besides most commercial banks where can I go to exchange foreign currency?

Besides most commercial banks where can I go to exchange foreign currency? I traveled to Niagara Falls, Canada in 2005. On the way out of the country I had an impaitent bus driver who would not allow me to stop off at the Duty Free shop to exchange the currency. So I came home with just under $20 in Canadian Currency. I've held onto this money since last year. Every commercial bank I've called require you to be a customer. My credit union doesn't accept foreign currency for deposits. So I feel like I'm stuck with this money I can't use. If I knew someone going to Canada perhaps I could offer to "sell" it to them but in lieu of that I don't what to do with this money.|||some travel agencies do it|||many travel agents wil buy small amounts of foreign currency, but the exchange rate is terrible.





Also, some check cashing stores will buy and sell currency, but again, the rate is EVEN WORSE.|||There are places, exspecially in international tourist areas, that strict deal in foreign exchange. However, they charge a premium for the service. You will get a much better rate by going to a regular back.|||Did you try airports with international flights? Most airports do currency exchanges. Try to see if the airport there does that/|||Bureau de Change - they have boothes in most airports in most of the counties as well as various locations in the bigger foreign countries.

No comments:

Post a Comment