Thursday, December 15, 2011

How do I set up forex currency pairs to watch in my Yahoo Finance page?

I just started trading Forex pairs and I need to be able to collect price data for the last 10 time periods (hours, days or weeks) so that I can input this information into my trading platform to give me an idea on where the price of the currency pair will move next.





Can anyone tell me how to get this info into my yahoo finance page so that it updates with the movement of the currency pairs?





Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.





Thanks in advance!!





Patrick|||Hi Patrick,





I haven't seen a solution to capturing and recording actual prices for the past X time periods. You can dowload the data from piptrader.com.





A better solution might be to have a programmer crank out an EA for you that would do that for you. (I am surprised that the solution that you are using didn't think of that as part of their application rather than request you to enter 10 sets of data into a calculator).





I pretty much accomplish the same thing by simply monitoring a couple of moving averages and watching for them to to cross and both maintain a steep angle. This indicates the possible beginning of a reversal.





I would be happy to send you a summary of the moving averages that I use and how I use them. It might be interesting to compare this to the signal that you are getting from your K-F calculator......and it is free.





Paul

No comments:

Post a Comment